23 January 2007

More Sprachen Schulen

I'm off to visit more language schools today. Didn't care for the ones I visited last week. Nothing wrong with them necessarily, just not quite the learning style I am seeking.

On the advice of others I am going to Benedict near the Hauptbahnhof, Bellingua on Lowenstrasse and Sprachen Schule on Limmatquai.

Hopefully I will find a program I like soon because I want to get started with the language classes as soon as possible. Knowing how to speak with people, not to mention read signs, listen to announcements on the tram and actually knowing what you are buying at the grocery store all make life so much easier.

So here I go.

But at least I have something to look forward that will get me through a day of trudging from school to school, taking placement tests that show me exactly how much German I have forgotten. The Expat Hausfraus Gone Wild are meeting for Happy Hour this evening. And this time our husbands are even invited to join us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The meet up sounds like fun! I never took German but through help of friends at first, I finally understood all announcements, but then again I knew french so that made it so easy...

I love signs in Europe because they don't say anything... Well except for Ausfahrt... Which still cracks me up every time I see it...