14 January 2007

Bloggers in Basel

Today GLH and I hopped on a train and traveled to the Swiss city of Basel. The trip from Zürich took approximately an hour.

The primary purpose of our trip was to join up with a bunch of other Swiss bloggers for lunch. Organized by The Big Finn, Sara from Life Is Nicht So Mal and Jul from This Non-American Life, the event was attended by approximately 20-25 bloggers, spouses and friends from around Switzerland.

Other bloggers who attended include the Expatters, Risse's in Switzerland, Swiss Job and Tales of an Expat Hausfrau. And a bunch more, but I'm not sure where their blogs are! I'd give ya imbedded links to the blogs I know, but I'm feeling lazy and still getting accustomed to my new German language keyboard. So look to your right and hit the links yerself!

We stayed at the restaurant for a couple of hours and then left as it was our first time in Basel and we wanted time for a walk-about to explore the city.

Below are some photos I took with my brand-new camera. It was my first time using it. The quality of the photos is nowhere near what I get from my Nikon D70, but it can fit easily into my purse and doesn't weigh a ton. Therefore, it will become my "carry with me just in case" camera.

Enjoy the photos! I'd tell you what they are, but I don't actually know. Uncharacteristically for me, I did absolutely no research before going, did not have a guidebook and we just rambled aimlessly about enjoying the weather and the whole experience. And learning how to use the new camera.

We'll have to go back another time for an official "Discover Basel" trip!
















6 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your pics of Basel. Isn't it a charming little town! And you know you can go shop for used books to read there too! I know you want to go, I can hear it in your voice now...

And I'm sure Canadian-Swiss and Orange X were there also...

I'll have to venture to a few more blogs to see if they posted who was there...

But let me say I'm so jealous!

Jul said...

Hey, I organized too! Where's my recognition and glory?

Global Librarian said...

My profuse apologies for not giving you the glory and honor you deserve! I am now hanging my head in shame.

And there were a bunch of bloggers there whom I have never seen their blogs. In all possibility, Canadian-Swiss and Orange X were there...

CanadianSwiss said...

Another fast blogger! :-)

We sure were there, but maybe we didn't have that much of a chance to chat. Visit our blog. I'm sure you'll recognize us.

Global Librarian said...

Yep, Canadian Swiss, I saw ya there. Once I went to your blog I recognized you. Just didn't get a chance to talk with everyone. Perhaps at the next meet-up?

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful city! I already told Jul how jealous I am that you guys have such a great expat community. ;)