08 January 2007

Air Shipment

Our air shipment has almost arrived. It was flown into Paris on Saturday and will be delivered to Zurich via truck this morning. It should clear customs later today and will be delivered at 8 am tomorrow morning.

It will be nice to unpack completely and feel more settled. It will also be fabulous to put out the photos of family and friends as well as hang our artwork to make the apartment feel more like home.

Not to mention getting my desktop computer here so that I can download all the photos I've taken since our computers left Kansas City on December 21st.

My blog should be peppered with photos soon! Hopefully everything will be hooked up and ready to go by the end of the week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow - I'd say that is quite a fast arrival! Fingers crossed for a speedy delivery!

The Big Finn said...

If you're going to be hanging up artwork, make sure you first go to OBI and buy yourself a hammering-drill.
Swiss walls are HARD!

Global Librarian said...

I have been assured that the shipment will arrive outside our apartment at 8:00 pm. Let's see if the Swiss are as punctual as everyone says!

And TBF -- we've already got the drill. Just need to drill bits for concrete walls. I have lived with concrete walls before. I know what it takes!

And I just thank God that I am not dealing with 100 year old plaster in a building that is actually on the National Register of Historic Buildings. But that's a story for another day...