31 January 2007

Field Trip to Canton Vaud


I've been invited to join a tour group that will be going to Château de Prangins on the shores of Lake Geneva in Canton Vaud. The Château, originally built in the 1730's, is now one of the Swiss National Museums. They are currently hosting an exhibit entitled Papierschnitte - von der Tradition zur Moderne (Paper Cutting Découpage - from the Traditional to Modern). The bus leaves tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.

Frau M., our landlady, thought I might be interested both in the exhibit and in seeing another area of Switzerland. I most certainly am.


It will also be an excellent opportunity for me to listen to Swiss German and become more accustomed to the words and pronunciations as most of the other participants are Swiss.


I'm looking forward to it. And, of course, I will post photos of the Château and grounds!

2 comments:

Sara said...

ohh i saw that poster in Geneva and thought it looked cool. Have a good trip, next time you are out this way you will have to come to Geneva so we can meet for a coffee or something!

CanadianSwiss said...

I've heard of that Château before, but I've never been there.

Enjoy the exhibit.