14 June 2007

Return of Gadget Boy

Now that we have settled into our apartment and most everything is pretty much the way it should be, I thought the Gadget Boy inclination may have died down a little.

I thought wrong...

********************************************************************************

GLH: That bottle of wine we opened last night? You were right, it really wasn't good. I poured it down the sink.

Me: That's too bad. Make a note of the label and we won't buy it again.

GLH: I'm wondering if perhaps now it is summer, the kitchen is too warm for storing the wine.

Me: Perhaps. We should probably move the bottles down into the basement.

GLH: That seems inconvenient. I was thinking we should get one of those wine cooler refrigerators for the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

7 comments:

Greg said...

The bottle of wine could have been 'corked'. There's a chemical that sometimes has an effect on corks that makes the wine taste really nasty. I've had it vary from "Hmm, that wine isn't as good as it was last time" to "Whoa, this tastes like chlorine!".

This can happen to any wine maker. I had a bottle of one of my fav chardonnays from California that was corked. We'd had one bottle that was wonderful the night before, but the next bottle sucked.

Hmm, but if the wine has a cooked flavor, then it's probably too hot in the kitchen, and you really might want to think about one of those wine cooler refrigerators for the kitchen. Besides, they look really cool. We keep our wine in the bomb shelter like everyone else though.

Global Librarian said...

Greg, you are not helping.

Unknown said...

GL - don't let him do it! He needs to live like most swiss and the basement will be just fine! Think of how much money you will save and another trip you could actually take by not buying the fridge...

Besides, think of how unswiss it would be to buy one...

Am I helping any?

We don't have one here in Canada and we don't even have a basement...

Global Librarian said...

I suspect that the "Living like the Swiss" ship has already sailed. Perhaps it was the air conditioning that caused us to miss it?

Regardless, we ARE NOT getting a wine refrigerator!

We like wine. We generally have a selection on hand. And we likely spend more money on it that we should.

However, we are not collectors or connoisseurs! And the basement works just fine.

Un-Swiss Miss said...

I bought one of those wine fridges when I lived in New York, but I wasn't a huge fan because I was always running out of room. If you guys are into collecting wine, I think you're better off using the basement - there more flexibility, and it's a lot cheaper!

Anonymous said...

Let him by the silly fridge. It's not that big of a deal and you might just like it.

Anonymous said...

hahaha...classic. Do you still have the fancy opener with the suction thing?