09 June 2007

Box of Books!

My reading interests are broad and varied. I quite literally read everything from low-brow to high-brow and for all ages.

In general I have discovered that most of my reading interests can be satisfied through the English Bookshop on Bahnhofstrasse, Amazon in Germany, downloads to my e-reader and book-buying bonanzas on trips to the US. However, there is one genre I read which is not as easy to find here in Zürich -- American romance novels.

Sure, they have the Big Names like Nora Roberts, Jayne Ann Krentz and the like. But the romance section tends to run more heavily to British Chick Lit. Which is all well and good, but sometimes what ya want is a good, old-fashioned, trashy American Bodice Ripper.


A Librarian has answered my need.

This morning the scooter-riding postman stopped at our door and delivered a Box of Books.


Thank you, A Librarian!

Of course, I will have to keep these books away from Max and Tilly. They smell like A Librarian's two cats, which make them irresistible chew toys. One book was already chewed up before I realized what they were doing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

have you found those books groups which exist in the yahoo groups of switzerland? I think you'd love that and quite possibly get a few new books to read from the experience..

I know there used to be a meet up in Basel. Look in the yahoo groups to find the exact name though...

I still say you need to make a day trip to basel to check out that used books near the station (southward facing I can only guess), and away from the Rhine

Marcy said...

Oh my god, I was trying to figure out what that thing was covering up some of the books on the left, and it wasn't till I read the end of the post that I realized that it's a CAT! lol =)