24 October 2006

Breaking Bonaduce

I'm my own worst enemy...Is that what you want to hear? -- Danny Bonaduce


Last year I was flipping through the channels and happened across a new VH-1 reality series entitled "Breaking Bonaduce." You may remember Danny Bonaduce, most well known as the child actor who played Danny Partridge. And whose career spiraled down into drugs, alcohol and out of control behavior by the time he was 13.

I decided to watch a few minutes of this show, just to see what it was, and I became hooked. (Alright, I admit it. I love reality tv. So sue me.) On the one hand, you can arguably state that this show is evidence of the complete moral breakdown of television. But on the other hand, it was the most honest portrayal on a reality show that I had ever seen.

Danny puts it all out there for the viewers to see -- the good, the bad and the downright ugly. His insane jealous rants at his wife play side by side with heart-touching scenes with his children, who obviously adore him. As the season progressed, Danny went from doing o.k. with a touch of crazy to full-blown insanity and a suicide attempt.

"Breaking Bonaduce" is now starting a second season on VH-1. My DVR is set. Hold on to your hats, it's bound to be a wild ride...

No comments: