15 December 2007

Not Too Sick to Whine

The bad case of the flu I had weakened my immune system enough to catch a bad cold, which I have been fighting off all week.

Here is a conversation about it I had with GLH last night...

******************************************************************
Me: I feel like crap. My head is about to explode and I would rather my nose just fall off than have to blow it any more. It's not like I can breathe through it anyway. I just want to curl up somewhere and sleep until I get better.

GLH: Wow. You really are sick. I can't remember the last time you were this sick.

Me: I was way sicker with the flu two weeks ago!

GLH: Were you? You didn't whine much, so I figured it wasn't too bad.

Me: I was too sick to have the energy to whine.

GLH: Oh.

*******************************************************************

Note: If you want to get any sympathy from a man, make certain you whine. A lot. Otherwise they may not recognize there is a reason to offer sympathy.

No comments: