13 May 2007

On Top of Zürich

Today GLH and I journeyed up to Uetliberg.

Part of a chain of hills that encircle Zürich, Uetliberg is a very popular spot year round. Primarily because it offers a panoramic view of the entire area.

Here is Lake Zürich...



And on a clear day you can see as far as the Austrian Alps...

Not sure if we are seeing them in this photo. But I've decided to say that we are!

This was GLH's first trip to Uetliberg. I had been there once before we moved. It was a much cooler, cloudy day and I was eager to see the view on a clear day.

I have to admit, in the future I would prefer going to Uetliberg on a cooler, overcast day. It was a bit too warm and sunny for me.

4 comments:

The DP said...

I LURVE Uetliberg! I go there all the way from Lausanne some weekends for fun!

Greg said...

Alice says that the mountains might be Saentis in St. Gallen/Appenzell. Nonetheless, it's a great view!

Unknown said...

i love going up there. It's like an escape within the city/sort of....

Unknown said...

Oh yeah - the mountain range probably isn't the Austrian Alps. They are a lot further away.

I'm pretty sure that's just on the way towards Appenzell or near some of of the ski resorts towards Chur, but of course the names aren't in my head at this moment.