5 things you love in your new country
- Exploring Europe
- Fabulously convenient public transportation.
- Beautiful vistas everywhere you turn.
- Pedestrian-friendly cities and towns.
- More laid-back lifestyle. Less need to rush everything you do.
4 things you miss from your native country
- Family and friends (of course!)
- Friendly customer service with a smile and "going the extra mile."
- The ability to eavesdrop on the interesting conversations of complete strangers. It will be a while before I can do that in German.
- 24 hour supermarkets with a huge selection of food from all over the world.
3 things that annoy you a bit (or much) in your new country...
- Smoking everywhere. Jeepers, pass a law or two. You have laws and rules for everything else!
- Staring. C'mon, I'm really not that interesting or bizarre.
- Male-dominated culture. It isn't just my husband making decisions about banking or purchasing a car or anything else. Talk to me too, Bucko! I am woman. Hear me roar!
2 things that surprise you (or surprised you in the beginning) in your new country...
- The amount of graffiti you see everywhere you go in Switzerland.
- How long it takes to do laundry.
1 thing that you would miss terribly in your new country if you had to leave it...
- SWISS CHOCOLATE!!!
I'm not one for tagging. But if anyone wants to do it, please do.