15 February 2007

Gadget Boy, Take Three

GLH slides a piece of paper in front of me. It's an order form to upgrade our satellite service.

Me: What's this?

GLH: It's for a new satellite box.

Me: Which one do you want?

GLH points at the most expensive one.

Me: Why would we get this? We hardly watch the satellite as is. And do not use the word "need." We do not need this.

GLH (reverting into a 5 year old): But, but, but...

Me: No! Absolutely not!

GLH: You are right. We do not need this. But the television does.

Me: What are you talking about?

GLH: Because we have an HD television. It needs an HD satellite box to be truly happy.

Me: You are completely, totally nuts.



A few minutes later...

GLH: By the way, I need to have a technician come out and install a new satellite dish so that we can get all of the new HD channels.

Me: Did you hear me say "yes?" I do not recall saying "yes."


Did I happen to mention that the form states at the bottom that it must be signed and FAXED!


Will the insanity never end?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh let him have his satellite box. It will make him truly happy, and he will leave you alone for at least a week - I am sure of it :) Love you

Global Librarian said...

I've tried that before. It doesn't work. He just comes up with something else...

GL'sD said...

And I was thinking I was going to have to take him under my wing for training. He better than I've ever been Hip Hip Haraa

The Big Finn said...

I hope you're talking about SKY satellite and not one of those Swiss satellite subscriptions.

Global Librarian said...

Yep, it's Sky Satellite. All the British channels and many of the American ones as well.

But we rarely watch television now! We won't watch it any more even if we do have HD capabilities.

Anonymous said...

I'd give anything just for cable that works. It had better be back on for the Academy Awards or heads will roll!!