21 January 2008

Quirky Meme

I've been tagged by A Librarian...

The Rules:
a. List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself
b. Tag seven people to do the same.
c. Do not tag the person who tagged you or say "whoever wants to do it."

Here goes...

1. I can be obsessive compulsive about information gathering. In some ways it is a benefit and there are even people who will refuse to play trivial pursuit with me. But there are times when I will work myself up into a state about something that is extremely unlikely to happen and GLH will tell me to back away from the computer.

2. I will read pretty much any book or watch pretty much any movie or tv program that features a vampire. It has to be terrible for me to turn it off. I still miss Buffy.

3. I detest shopping of any kind. When I do need to buy something I go in with a list and purchase what I need as quickly as possible. If I find a shirt that works well for daily wear, I will frequently get the same shirt in 2-3 colors because it means less shopping in the long run.

4. I avoid attending gatherings that will have more than 15-20 people. Partially because I prefer smaller gatherings that allow for real conversation. But mostly because I had some hearing loss as a child. Even after I regained my hearing, I had some permanent damage. If there is too much background noise, I am unable to distinguish specific voices and therefore cannot hear anything that anyone is saying.

5. There are only two exceptions to the shopping avoidance: traditional German Christmas markets and office supplies. I love shopping for office supplies. No place in Switzerland satisfies my craving. I really miss Office Depot.

6. I am extremely picky about PB&J Sandwiches. The peanut butter must be all natural with peanuts and salt as the only ingredients. It must be evenly spread on both slices of bread, not just one. It must have strawberry jam. Anything else is unacceptable.

7. I am a Rule Follower unless the rule doesn't make sense to me or goes against a personal rule. In that case, I will go out of my way to break the rule.

And now I am going to break the rules. I don't tag people. If you want to do it, feel free!

No comments: