15 December 2006

I Won a Sweepstakes!


Today I received an e-mail stating that I had won a free digital camera from Shutterfly.

Normally I wouldn't open such e-mails as they are usually spam, but this time I did. And generally I delete such e-mails immediately because it is usually a scam. But this time I read through it and it actually looked legitimate. So I called Shutterfly directly to verify its authenticity.

Turns out that when I ordered our Christmas cards this year (featuring photos I had taken during the year), I was automatically entered into the sweepstakes. And I actually won!

Woo hoo!

GLH is trying to say that "we won."

However, as I was the one who took the photos, designed the card, ordered the cards, addressed all the cards, included our change of address information, affixed the return labels and stamps and so on, I am claiming the prize as my own.

So -

I won! I won! I won!!!

But I might allow him to use the camera occasionally if he asks really nicely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Congratulations, can't wait to see the new pics!

Unknown said...

congrats! That's a really nice camera too. I was thinking about getting that model or a few others on the list...

Global Librarian said...

Yep. It is a great camera.

I've been considering a digital point and shoot for a while. I love my Nikon D70s (digital SLR), but it can be bulky and I wanted something I could just stick in my pocket for unexpected photo opportunities. However, it isn't a "necessary expense," so I've been putting it off for more than a year.

Now I win one! Woo hoo!