11 January 2009

So Fast

This past week I snapped this photo of Global Baby...
What amazed me is that while I can still see the baby that he is, the photo captured a brief glimpse of him as the mischievous, little boy that he will eventually become.

This morning I packed away his 6 months clothes and pulled out the 9 months clothes. It was a struggle getting him into the 6 months size. And that is US sizing. In European sizing he is closer to what is recommended for 12 months.

I think he doesn't realize that he is still only 3 1/2 months old!

He is trying to stand on his own. (Has the strength, doesn't have the balance.) He is trying to crawl. He is trying to talk. He is starting to teeth.

In short, he is doing so many things that the Baby Books say he shouldn't be doing yet. I've had to read several months ahead in the "What to Expect the First Year" book just to keep up.

On the one hand, it is thrilling to see him so excited about discovering the world and learning new things. On the other hand, there is a part of me a little sad that he is so determined to grow up so quickly.

I hope he still loves to cuddle for a long time to come. I would miss that the most.

6 comments:

Zurich Mama Geek said...

He is so adorable. Yes, definitely assert your parental rights to lots of cuddles. Because he will always be your little boy.

Twelfthknit said...

Yep - mine is 21 and I have been getting lots of cuddles over the holidays

Anonymous said...

Alex and Andrew still cuddle with me - they are 11 and 9 :) I think cuddling has to do much more with nurture - keep cuddling him - he will keep cuddling you :)
Love you.

Marcy said...

I love, love, love that photo of him. He looks so grown up, I can't believe he's not yet 4 months old!!

Donovan loved to stand on my lap early on, too. And he started seeming to teethe at about 3 months, though we didn't see any actual teeth till months later. As many people have reminded me over the past year, turns out babies don't read those baby books and so don't know what they're "supposed" to do. ; )

Unknown said...

Oh so cute! And he does look huge!

Unknown said...

He is beautiful. You'll get more and more cuddles don't worry!