11 February 2008

Quick Note

We've just returned from a quick trip to Germany (Rothenburg ob der Tauber and Heidelberg) as well as a quick swipe through France (Strasbourg). Now my visiting sister and I are catching up on laundry before we all leave for Cairo later this week. I'll post photos if I have time this week, but it is going to be a tight schedule.

By the way, France and Bavaria banned smoking in all public buildings as of January 1st, so it was a blessedly smoke-free weekend.

As we walked through the various cities, we saw smokers huddled under blankets at the outdoor cafe tables. They looked so cold in the February weather.

Is it wrong that I really enjoyed the sight of their discomfort? After years of being made uncomfortable by them smoking inside buildings, I grinned from ear to ear every time I saw them!

C'mon, Switzerland, get off your arse and pass the darn smoking ban already!

NOTE: Yes, I realize that I likely will not be able to get away from all the smoking in Cairo. Yes, I know that smokers reading this blog may appreciate this fact.

No comments: